Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Apparently Computers and Networks Need Electricity

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Apparently Computers and Networks Need Electricity

Link to Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

Apparently Computers and Networks Need Electricity

Posted: 04 Feb 2011 09:45 PM PST

Computers need electricity
Learned something yesterday. It would seem that computers, routers, modems and networks require electricity, which was of very short supply yesterday evening.

A big storm hit us just when I arrived home after a quick trip. I had just started finishing an article I had started on the train, when all the lights went out. Thankfully I have loads of UPSs, but they are of no use for the network. So I guess you had to survive without an article yesterday evening.

...


No comments:

Post a Comment