Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Intermot2012: Kawasaki Z800 Launch (Video) plus 2 more

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Intermot2012: Kawasaki Z800 Launch (Video) plus 2 more

Link to Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

Intermot2012: Kawasaki Z800 Launch (Video)

Posted: 03 Oct 2012 09:00 AM PDT

Kawasaki Z800 Launch
Kawasaki logo
The first mayor motorcycle manufacturer to show their new stuff was Kawasaki, with their usual show & tell pony show. Lots of glitz, pretty dancing girls and new (updated) motorcycles.

The main event for Kawasaki was the launch of the revamped Z800, a mid-range streetfighter. As usual, Kawasaki made good use of dancing girls to promote the event.

Below is the video of the launch, but first, let's look at some photos I took.

...


Intermot2012: BMW R1200GS Launch (Video)

Posted: 03 Oct 2012 05:00 AM PDT

BMW R1200GS 2013
BMW logo
BMW are on their home turf, and had therefore the most anticipated press conference of the Intermot motorcycle exhibition. We all knew BMW had a lot of new stuff, so there was a lot of interest in their press conference.

I managed to arrive early and score a good place to enjoy the show, since that was what it was. The main part of the BMW dog & pony show was the launch of the water-cooled R1200GS motorcycle. To do that, they put up a real show, with live music and "stunts" performed on the new motorcycle.

Here's a video of what I saw. I apologize in advance for a) some of the sound, since the music at times was sooo loud it deformed the sound on the video and b) a bit shaky at times, since I did not know where things were going to happen .. you'll see in the video.

...


Intermot2012 and Me

Posted: 02 Oct 2012 11:00 PM PDT

Intermot logo
If you've been following my tales of woe on Twitter or Facebook, you'll know that I had to leave the Intermot exhibition a day early, since the railroads in Belgium had a strike planned for Wednesday, the day I was leaving to go back to France. Since I had a not-to-be-missed appointment on Thursday morning, I decided to cut the press-day in Intermot short by half a day and catch the late train out of Cologne to Paris.

This means that apart from 3 press conferences, I was not able to see much else. I did do a quick walk about, but in a hurry. I'll be posting a few impressions of the exhibition in the next two days, but it will not be what you've come to expect from me.

It's become a disastrous trip, costing me a lot of money, since the hotel room was pre-booked and paid, but that's life I guess.

So I'm sorry if you were expecting more from this site, I hope to make up for it in Italy next month at the Eicma exhibition.

...


No comments:

Post a Comment