Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Product Review: Netatmo, Motorcycle Riding and Garages plus 2 more

Bikes in the Fast Lane: Product Review: Netatmo, Motorcycle Riding and Garages plus 2 more

Link to Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

Product Review: Netatmo, Motorcycle Riding and Garages

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 08:00 AM PST

Netatmo screen shot
Working in a garage brings not only joy for accomplishing mechanical interventions yourself, but it can also bring danger. Although I was born with two left hands, making me incapable of performing some of the easiest mechanical adjustments (remember, I'm the guy who put paint in an engine instead of oil), I do at times need to work on my motorcycle. Easy things, like in the winter run the engine for some time to make sure that when spring arrives, the bike is ready to go.

And this is where a danger arrived last year. I had started my GS and was running it at idle, and spent some of the time cleaning the bike. Since it was freezing, I had closed the garage door. Stupid mistake. It was only after I had killed the engine and was working on something else in the garage that I noticed that I was feeling drowsy. You guessed it.... CO2.

Since then I have bought myself the Netatmo "gadget"..........

...........Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......

...

Europe: Participate In The FEMA Rider Survey

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 04:00 AM PST

FEMA Riderscan Poster
FEMA logo
FEMA, the European Federation of Motorcycle Associations, the powerful European motorcycle lobby group, are trying to get a good idea about European motorcycle riders and their habits.

They have launched a massive on-line survey, where they are trying to get an idea on our thoughts about riding in Europe. They are trying to find out what our habits are, what we think of road safety, clothing, etc.

The survey is available in several languages (more being added), and will run through 2013...........

...........Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......

...

Spy Shot: New Ducati Testing - Single Cylinder?

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 10:00 PM PST

Burrati Spy shot
A spy shot has surfaced of a new Ducati prototype being tested in the Middle East. It looks like Ducati is finally entering the off-road motorcycle market.

Is this going to give KTM a run for their money? And this after BMW as seen testing their off-road motorcycle.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment