Monday, July 9, 2012

Bikes in the Fast Lane: A Day At The Tour de France As A Spectator With A Camera plus 2 more

Bikes in the Fast Lane: A Day At The Tour de France As A Spectator With A Camera plus 2 more

Link to Bikes in the Fast Lane - Daily Motorcycle News

A Day At The Tour de France As A Spectator With A Camera

Posted: 09 Jul 2012 09:00 AM PDT

Tour de France 2012 The Race
Tour de France logo
#TDF #Tour - World's most famous bicycle race, the Tour de France, was going to pass for the first time ever very close to my house in Normandy, and as luck was going to have it, I was going to be home, not traipsing somewhere making photos. So I decided to see what the "Tour" was all about. Having seen it on TV, I knew it was about fast bicycles, lots of motorcycles and lots of accidents.

I took many photos, and have been culling ever since. Here are 157 photos, way too much for this part of the site, so I had to move it to a section that would not bother regular readers.

I've divided the day into three sections, The Beginning - the pre-event, several hours of wait before it started, The Caravan - the famous very long publicity caravan and The Race - the actual bicycle race.

After each section is a link to another site with high resolution photos of the day.

Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......

...


BMW Motorcycles To Marry TVS?

Posted: 09 Jul 2012 05:00 AM PDT

BMW TVS Motor Tie Up
India flag
India's 4th motorcycle manufacturer, TVS Motors, is looking into a tie-up with the German giant BMW.

After KTM and Bajaj, is it now the turn of BMW and TVS?

Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......

...


USA: Motorcycles and Guns

Posted: 08 Jul 2012 11:00 PM PDT

Guns and Motorcycles
USA flag
Although I also live in Florida, USA, I've never seen this. Guns on motorcycles. Do you consider it normal, or not so normal?

I known the views of many about the freedom of being able to carry your firearm with you at all times, but I have to wonder what its effects are on the road. Are there more shooting incidents because of road rage, or because people wear arms, less incidents?

...


No comments:

Post a Comment